BILLBOARDS around town, these days, have one thing in common. Social Media buttons. It’s an interesting phenomenon that may, more often than not, go un-noticed. It reminds me of a meeting we held at NTV Uganda offices back in 2011. Boaz Shani had just launched UGO, or Uganda Goes Online if you can call it…
Tagged: Social Media
YOU might be wondering what BranchOut is. Or you could be unlucky enough not to know what LinkedIn is either, in which case, I would advise you to fire your ISP. Information Services Provider, that is. The faster way to find out, anyway, is to click the two words to read the linked articles. For…
Ever wondered what happens to your online accounts when you die? Over the last few years, Facebook’s been the bearer of the bad news of the death of a few friends of mine. It is always a moment of shock when the time between the news friend’s passing on and the last status update is…
I love twitter, I have been referred to as a ‘twitter-holic’ [I do not know if such a word exists] sometimes and I quite do not understand why. I joined twitter ‘way back in the day’ or so I think. I was never active on Twitter until early last year, as Uganda was going to…
Are you anonymous online? This song from triple-Grammy-winning artist Brad Paisley is well worth a listen regardless of your feelings for country music: I work down at the pizza pit And I drive an old Hyundai I still live with my Mom and Dad I’m 5’3” and overweight Online I live in Malibu I posed…
Popular post by view
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 5848 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 4673 hits
- Storage Offshore = Backing up Data - 3432 hits
- UN allows for individuals to have the same rights online as offline - 3047 hits
- Startups are over-rated! Remember the Dot-Com bubble? - 2903 hits
- Facebook home:My thoughts (Part II) April 30, 2013
- Facebook Home: My thoughts (Part I) April 22, 2013
- Yes, Uganda is now online April 16, 2013
- Think about this: Why are you still writing email sign-offs? April 11, 2013
- Google has still not learnt their lesson: Google glass to be manufactured in the USA March 28, 2013
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru SMS Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- skaheru says: I certainly remember UGO and Boaz and will continue throwing kudos...
- godlike says: It better support time travel.
- William RAHI says: I am one of the (rather silent) 28% as well
- Mufutau Mcintyre says: I have definitely picked up something new from right here.Looking forward...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: :) You know some settings are predefined in the system -...