It’s not just sportspersons and people with disabilities who are being fitted with artificial limbs and computer-aided prosthesis. Human-machine interface will soon advance to the extent that half the world’s population would be classified as more cyborgs, than humans. The Terminator movie series is one of my all-time favourites in science-fiction. It’s when I first…
Tagged: Nilofar Ansher
Science-fiction books and movies have done much to feed our dreams about the future of cities. Flashing neon lights, digital and interactive advertisements, touch-screens and city-wide connectivity of information and networks, sky-trains and underground tubes were the stuff of fantasy. Not anymore. Hits:1567
A growing number of Smartphone users spend copious amounts of time taking care of their digital pets – creatures that mimic the nature of domesticated animals coupled with a liberal dose of the ‘cute’ quotient. Who’s up for adoption? Would you trade in your soulful-eyed canine pet at home for these digitized creatures? They don’t…
Does Apple’s Siri Signal a Turning Point for Speech Recognition Services? The release of Apple’s iPhone 4S, which comes loaded with the Siri ‘Assistant’ iOS app, is a boost for voice and text-to-speech-based operations that was so far playing catch up with messaging and text inputs. Voice Service Communication is definitely on the comeback trail….
If I were to believe the messages bombarding my spam folder every day, I would have been a multi-trillionaire three times over in the last 10 years. But what to do, my parents brought me up to a wise girl and my computer programming and Internet instructors drilled it in me to avoid being abused…
Most of us have experienced censorship in the online ecosystem. Earlier, the government would block explicit content, be it pornography websites or content that promoted religious violence, anti-social and illegal activities, or incited misinformation about the country or other friendly / neighbouring governments. This censorship took unexpected forms following the Citizen Revolutions of the Middle…
Popular post by view
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 5817 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 4662 hits
- Storage Offshore = Backing up Data - 3420 hits
- UN allows for individuals to have the same rights online as offline - 3031 hits
- Startups are over-rated! Remember the Dot-Com bubble? - 2903 hits
- Facebook home:My thoughts (Part II) April 30, 2013
- Facebook Home: My thoughts (Part I) April 22, 2013
- Yes, Uganda is now online April 16, 2013
- Think about this: Why are you still writing email sign-offs? April 11, 2013
- Google has still not learnt their lesson: Google glass to be manufactured in the USA March 28, 2013
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru SMS Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- skaheru says: I certainly remember UGO and Boaz and will continue throwing kudos...
- godlike says: It better support time travel.
- William RAHI says: I am one of the (rather silent) 28% as well
- Mufutau Mcintyre says: I have definitely picked up something new from right here.Looking forward...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: :) You know some settings are predefined in the system -...