Uganda Communications Commission (UCC), the telecoms regulator in Uganda, recently carried out tests on the networks of various operators, to assess the quality of their networks. The areas tested were call drop rate, call block rate, completed calls, and other parameters. The published results show that many of the operators do not meet the minimum…
Tagged: network Downtime
Those that have studied computer networking probably have an idea about this. It stipulates that all critical networks and services should be available 99.999% of the time. In other words, the maximum accepted downtime should be .001% of the time. Let’s do the math. A week has 7 days. That makes it 168 hours, 10080 minutes, 604,800 seconds. The acceptable network downtime should be .001% multiplied by 604800 which gives us 6.048 seconds a week.
Popular post by view
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 5846 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 4672 hits
- Storage Offshore = Backing up Data - 3431 hits
- UN allows for individuals to have the same rights online as offline - 3045 hits
- Startups are over-rated! Remember the Dot-Com bubble? - 2903 hits
- Facebook home:My thoughts (Part II) April 30, 2013
- Facebook Home: My thoughts (Part I) April 22, 2013
- Yes, Uganda is now online April 16, 2013
- Think about this: Why are you still writing email sign-offs? April 11, 2013
- Google has still not learnt their lesson: Google glass to be manufactured in the USA March 28, 2013
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru SMS Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- skaheru says: I certainly remember UGO and Boaz and will continue throwing kudos...
- godlike says: It better support time travel.
- William RAHI says: I am one of the (rather silent) 28% as well
- Mufutau Mcintyre says: I have definitely picked up something new from right here.Looking forward...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: :) You know some settings are predefined in the system -...