OMG, CN U BLIV? LOL… Texting and Tweeting: could the combination of these be affecting your children’s grammar? And no not only your children but also you, and adult that is reading this. Could you be guilty? Research in Canada has shown that little or no grammar teaching, cell phone texting; social networking sites are…
Tagged: Digital Natives
Reflections from the Broadband Commission Meeting in Kigali, Rwanda.
Symbols, logos and images of power that populate the offline world of politics, religion, science and culture are also prominent on the Internet. In the real world, we associate flags, currency notes, military insignia, weapons, stamps and seals, with power, influence, authority, ownership and might. In cyberspace, we have equivalent symbols. Not specifically about power,…
Our definition of being a native has undergone a drastic change. Once upon a time, native would imply belonging to that region and a practising member of that land’s customs, traditions and mannerisms.
The statistics that pop-up on various news and technology websites always refer to the: increasing number of mobile users in Africa; the increasing number of Facebook subscribers in Africa; and the increasing number of tech start-ups and tech-innovators springing up in Africa. Why?
The word ‘media’ has the ignominy of never being called by its first name. It’s always prefixed or suffixed into playing second fiddle. Evidence? Traditional media, mass media, new media, digital media, hypermedia, social media, citizen media – the list could go on with subsets. What remains common and consistent is that consumers have always accessed…
Popular post by view
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 5826 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 4663 hits
- Storage Offshore = Backing up Data - 3423 hits
- UN allows for individuals to have the same rights online as offline - 3038 hits
- Startups are over-rated! Remember the Dot-Com bubble? - 2903 hits
- Facebook home:My thoughts (Part II) April 30, 2013
- Facebook Home: My thoughts (Part I) April 22, 2013
- Yes, Uganda is now online April 16, 2013
- Think about this: Why are you still writing email sign-offs? April 11, 2013
- Google has still not learnt their lesson: Google glass to be manufactured in the USA March 28, 2013
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru SMS Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- skaheru says: I certainly remember UGO and Boaz and will continue throwing kudos...
- godlike says: It better support time travel.
- William RAHI says: I am one of the (rather silent) 28% as well
- Mufutau Mcintyre says: I have definitely picked up something new from right here.Looking forward...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: :) You know some settings are predefined in the system -...