The past week was a tumultuous one in the internet world, with major websites, including our own pctechmagazine.com, shutting down for 24 hours on Wednesday to protest the SOPA/PIPA acts being debated in the US Congress and Senate. Less than 24 hours later, the FBI shut down megaupload.com, and issued arrest warrants to its owners….
Tagged: Aiden Kitayimbwa
Uganda Communications Commission (UCC), the telecoms regulator in Uganda, recently carried out tests on the networks of various operators, to assess the quality of their networks. The areas tested were call drop rate, call block rate, completed calls, and other parameters. The published results show that many of the operators do not meet the minimum…
Earlier this year, Google exhibited a self-driving car, with capabilities that almost equal human driving capabilities. Although still in the experimental stage with a safety driver and software engineer required on-board at all times, the car is much more ‘intelligent’ than ordinary vehicles. Also, IBM announced this year that it had created neurosynaptic computer chips…
Popular post by view
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 5823 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 4663 hits
- Storage Offshore = Backing up Data - 3420 hits
- UN allows for individuals to have the same rights online as offline - 3034 hits
- Startups are over-rated! Remember the Dot-Com bubble? - 2903 hits
- Facebook home:My thoughts (Part II) April 30, 2013
- Facebook Home: My thoughts (Part I) April 22, 2013
- Yes, Uganda is now online April 16, 2013
- Think about this: Why are you still writing email sign-offs? April 11, 2013
- Google has still not learnt their lesson: Google glass to be manufactured in the USA March 28, 2013
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru SMS Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- skaheru says: I certainly remember UGO and Boaz and will continue throwing kudos...
- godlike says: It better support time travel.
- William RAHI says: I am one of the (rather silent) 28% as well
- Mufutau Mcintyre says: I have definitely picked up something new from right here.Looking forward...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: :) You know some settings are predefined in the system -...