I assume as per now most Android owners who know about it have officially downloaded or side loaded Facebook home onto their Android phones. One thing is for sure, it’s a beautiful experience which is free and it will sit on top of your Samsung touch wiz or HTC sense UI experience anytime at any…
Category: Social Media
BILLBOARDS around town, these days, have one thing in common. Social Media buttons. It’s an interesting phenomenon that may, more often than not, go un-noticed. It reminds me of a meeting we held at NTV Uganda offices back in 2011. Boaz Shani had just launched UGO, or Uganda Goes Online if you can call it…
Of all the challenges faced by those who put content online, the comments facility must be the most vexing one. (There’s even a Twitter account, @AvoidComments, which reminds followers not to read the comments, ever. Sample tweet: Whenever you see a smiling child, remember: she’s never read a comment in her life, and she’s doing just…
“Would our nations Father Nelson Mandela have spent 27 years in Prison if he had access to the same technology, social media platforms, instant sharing apps, and Global Monitoring tools like we do today?” That is the opening clause of the video made by Prezence Digital Production backed by Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory for…
Two instances over the past week have gotten me thinking: There is so much power with Social Media. And I don’t think that we actually know how powerful this is. Well, to show how powerful, Last year’s Arab Spring was solely organized with Facebook and Twitter. And today Hosni Mubarak is a convicted prisoner while…
Popular post by view
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 5848 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 4673 hits
- Storage Offshore = Backing up Data - 3432 hits
- UN allows for individuals to have the same rights online as offline - 3045 hits
- Startups are over-rated! Remember the Dot-Com bubble? - 2903 hits
- Facebook home:My thoughts (Part II) April 30, 2013
- Facebook Home: My thoughts (Part I) April 22, 2013
- Yes, Uganda is now online April 16, 2013
- Think about this: Why are you still writing email sign-offs? April 11, 2013
- Google has still not learnt their lesson: Google glass to be manufactured in the USA March 28, 2013
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru SMS Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- skaheru says: I certainly remember UGO and Boaz and will continue throwing kudos...
- godlike says: It better support time travel.
- William RAHI says: I am one of the (rather silent) 28% as well
- Mufutau Mcintyre says: I have definitely picked up something new from right here.Looking forward...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: :) You know some settings are predefined in the system -...