Gone is the Era of mediocre half-smartphone and half-feature phone that greatly flooded the African phone market in the early 2000s. Currently we are slowly welcoming the future in mobile computing and communication. Nokia’s Symbian and Microsoft’s Windows mobile where a household Operating Systems on mobile devices for the few who could afford and the…
Over the last few years, scholars have done numerous studies on New Media. A lot of funding has been paid to researchers, and opinion leaders both to carry out studies and to present their findings – and opinions in the latter case – at various international events: conferences, bootcamps, hackerthons, workshops, and all such gatherings…
Telecommunication has radically transformed the economies of many nations; developing countries are no exception. Inasmuch as ICT plays an integral role in development it is faced with many daunting challenges. Hits:1806
FROM the moment I started typing stuff my future was secured. And I wasn’t satisfied having to do this on a typewriter because I knew about the computer, so I fought my way to using one whenever the opportunity presented itself. At University I remember having an argument with a colleague over the future of the…
Happy New Year! It’s tempting to be pessimist and predict the same bad economy for Uganda in 2012. But there’s one thing about pessimists – they always get left behind. We open the year with a slight decline of the inflation rate, with a strong currency that has been one of the best performing of…
I WAS pleased to be part of a discussion recently along these lines and was pleasantly surprised to find nodding heads on the other side of the table. We ordinary people in Uganda spend a lot of time believing our politicians to be useless, lazy and extremely unfocussed when it comes to prioritising what is…
Popular post by view
- Top 10 Personalities that Shaped Uganda’s ICT in 2011 - 5962 hits
- Spam: Playing into our pursuit of desire - 4705 hits
- Storage Offshore = Backing up Data - 3465 hits
- UN allows for individuals to have the same rights online as offline - 3130 hits
- Startups are over-rated! Remember the Dot-Com bubble? - 2903 hits
- Facebook home:My thoughts (Part II) April 30, 2013
- Facebook Home: My thoughts (Part I) April 22, 2013
- Yes, Uganda is now online April 16, 2013
- Think about this: Why are you still writing email sign-offs? April 11, 2013
- Google has still not learnt their lesson: Google glass to be manufactured in the USA March 28, 2013
Aiden Kitayimbwa Airplane Mode Albert Mucunguzi Android Apple Broadband Company Customer Care Digital Natives Entebbe Airport Entrepreneurship Facebook Facebook Adverts facebook home Flight Mode Gmail Google Google Plus Hacked ICT4D Identity Service Internet iPhone Mark Zuckerberg Michael Niyitegeka Microblogging Microsoft Mobile Phones in Uganda MTN NASA natural language processing network Downtime Nilofar Ansher Patience Atuhaire PC Tech Magazine Privacy Ruth Aine Samsung Galaxy s4 Simon Kaheru SMS Social Media Spam Startups textual talk Twitter Yahoo
- skaheru says: I certainly remember UGO and Boaz and will continue throwing kudos...
- godlike says: It better support time travel.
- William RAHI says: I am one of the (rather silent) 28% as well
- Mufutau Mcintyre says: I have definitely picked up something new from right here.Looking forward...
- Albert Mucunguzi says: :) You know some settings are predefined in the system -...